Have you tried ghee, a form of clarified butter? Ayurvedic health practitioners have said for thousands of years that ghee is a healthy fat with many benefits. Modern science is confirming this assertion.
Ghee is made by cooking unsalted butter slowly over a low flame. The resulting liquid is then strained so that all of the milk solids and impurities are removed.
Ghee has a number of benefits for health and cooking. Here are the highlights:
1. Ghee has a buttery taste without causing dairy allergies. When ghee is made, the milk solids and impurities are removed so that most people who are lactose intolerant don’t have an issue with ghee.
2. Ghee is rich in vitamins A and C.
3. Ghee helps support a healthy digestive tract.
4. When used in cooking, ghee has a high smoke point and does not break down into free radicals like other cooking oils.
5. Ghee does not need refrigeration.
6. Ghee is good for the skin.
Watch Dr. Jay Apte, creator of VedaFoods, talk about the many benefits of ghee.
If you are interested in purchasing pure, organic ghee for you and your family, you may purchase it here.